Sunday, September 30, 2007

I did it!

Mike and I joke about it, but my flower arranging skills are dismal. For 8 years of marriage, when he's bought me flowers and I've arranged them, it's ended up a disaster. I've watched people arrange flowers and one of the things you do, is cut some flower stems shorter and some longer so that the flowers vary by height in your vase.

So I do.

Then you carefully arrange the flowers in the vase so some stems support others.

So I do.

Add greens and such and *voila!* a lovely arrangment....
.
.
.
.
.
in theory...
.
.
.
.
Mine end up completely flat across the top....you know...like a marine corp military haircut... my roses, greens, and other various flowers end up level... looking down from the top...they look lovely...looking at them from the side, you see a row of flowers.

Mike arranges flowers better than I can.
at least, until recently.

It took me 2 hours, lots of cutting, grumbling and praying, but...




I DID IT!!!!!






2 comments:

Mugs said...

You're a natural! Those are fabulous and very festive.

Mugs said...

I guess I should've said "that" looks fabulous rather than "those". It's so well done that the two different angles you have look like seperate arrangements. Nice detail.