I really should have pre-written a post for last week as when I returned from Russia I was in no state to write a genealogy post. So I'm combining weeks 15 and 16 into one post.
I've chosen to focus on another mystery person; Daniel Donnelly, the husband of Anne O'Neill. Most of what I know about him came from the research I did into her. I actually have to work backwards in his life to try and guess-timate his dates.
I know that Anne O'Neill had indicated on a census record that she had been married for 39 years before he died. Even if he died early in 1901, that puts the date of their marriage to prior to 1862. Anne would have been 19 in 1862. Typically the grooms are a little older than the brides but with Anne at 19, the youngest I would expect Daniel to be would be around 18 - (born around 1844) but he could be anywhere up to the age of 30 (born around 1832).
So what do I know about Daniel? He was a farmer - I know that from my great-grandfather Edward Donnelly's birth certificate. He was born sometime between 1832 and 1844. He married Anne O'Neill sometime around 1862, and he died sometime between 1885 and 1901.
I know that Edward Donnelly was Catholic. It would be safe to assume that his parents were Catholic as well. Unfortunately, the Catholic church's records for the parish near Sluggan
are only available in Ireland. I would either have to go there or hire someone to search the records for me. Until then, I've at least got approximate dates for in case the opportunity arises for me to travel to Ireland.
No comments:
Post a Comment