I have a dear friend of mine who periodically comes down with what he terms 'man flu.' This serious and debilitating illness prevents him and all other men who contract this dread disease from doing anything...anything at all. Can't move, can't care for himself, becoming incredibly self-centered and selfish...until the illness runs its course and he's back to normal.
I didn't used to have pity for him. None...none at all.
Until today.
I got a double whammy.
Some sort of cold/flu/sick thing plus...well....woman issues.
So there I was. Laying on the sofa, unmoving, self centered, pitiful, and miserable. Whiny, moping, and pouting. The only time I got up was to get more tissues, more orange juice, or to fetch another pillow or blanket. Oh, and I made Mike miserable with my whining. "Can you get meeee more orange juuuuice?" "Sooooooouuuup" "I want Soooooouuuuuuup." "I don't feeeel gooooood. I haaaate beeinnnng siiiiick."
"Have you taken anything yet?" He asked me lovingly and with a hint of exasperation.
"No."
"Take some advil."
"Will you get it for me?"
"You get it yourself. You'll feel better if you do."
I think he just said that 'cause he wanted the spot on the couch I'd been occupying.
Those of you guys who suffer from man-flu...I pity you now. I feel your pain. BUT...it still took being SICK and...well....PMS-ing with out the P to knock ME to the purported low that you claim to reach with only your pitiful little flu.
*blows nose and shuffles off to bed*
I didn't used to have pity for him. None...none at all.
Until today.
I got a double whammy.
Some sort of cold/flu/sick thing plus...well....woman issues.
So there I was. Laying on the sofa, unmoving, self centered, pitiful, and miserable. Whiny, moping, and pouting. The only time I got up was to get more tissues, more orange juice, or to fetch another pillow or blanket. Oh, and I made Mike miserable with my whining. "Can you get meeee more orange juuuuice?" "Sooooooouuuup" "I want Soooooouuuuuuup." "I don't feeeel gooooood. I haaaate beeinnnng siiiiick."
"Have you taken anything yet?" He asked me lovingly and with a hint of exasperation.
"No."
"Take some advil."
"Will you get it for me?"
"You get it yourself. You'll feel better if you do."
I think he just said that 'cause he wanted the spot on the couch I'd been occupying.
Those of you guys who suffer from man-flu...I pity you now. I feel your pain. BUT...it still took being SICK and...well....PMS-ing with out the P to knock ME to the purported low that you claim to reach with only your pitiful little flu.
*blows nose and shuffles off to bed*
4 comments:
Sorry that you have been feeling so crummy. Hope you get feeling better soon.
Ohhh, poor baby! Does that make you feel better? lol. I am still getting over the bug that hit me on the first day H got to go back to work. Niiiice.
Well, by now I am sure you are all better. Great post about the man flu.
Man-flu FTW!
Post a Comment